Pink Oyster Agar Plate
Pink Oyster Information
As you can guess from the name, Pink Oysters are Oyster mushrooms that are vibrant pink in color. They grow naturally in tropical climates like Mexico and Indonesia where it is both very warm and humid. Their substrate of choice is hardwood trees. Because this species prefers such warm temperatures, they fruit during the hottest months of the year between April and September. It’s quite rare to find them growing wildly in North America and Europe where temperatures are cooler. Luckily they can be grown indoors almost anywhere!
Pink Oyster mushrooms are considered to be one of the most beginner friendly species to grow because they are extremely hardy, have fast colonization times, and fruits reach maturity quickly. They’re known for their contaminant resistance as well. In fact, in many cases if there are any contaminants during the colonization phase, the Pink Oyster will over take it and continue to grow as if nothing happened. As long as they’re warm enough, it’s almost impossible to mess up when cultivating Pink Oysters.
Why Grow Your Own Pink Oyster Mushrooms?
- Like most Oyster mushrooms, Pink Oysters are loaded with antioxidants
- Contributes to heart health by lowering cholesterol & blood pressure
- Boosts immune system
- Promotes gut health
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Has a seafood-like aroma and taste
- Their flavor is also commonly compared to bacon or ham
- Has a meaty texture
- The flavors intensifies when cooked, like most mushrooms
Popular Uses in Cooking
- Makes a tasty addition to soups
- Fry to make vegan bacon!
- Add to pasta dishes for some added flavor and texture
- Makes delicious stir fry’s
- Colonization time: 1-3 weeks
- Fruiting time: 5-9 days
- Humidity: at least 70%, but 80% is ideal
- Temperature: 65-85°F
Why Buy Our Pink Oyster Agar Plates?
We strive to provide you with the cleanest possible products. We inoculate all of the Pink Oyster plates in front of Laminar Flow Hoods with HEPA filters. These HEPA filters have an efficiency rating of 99.97%. Meaning that the filter removes 99.97% of particles in the air.
- Colonized agar plates allow you to cultivate your own medicinal mushrooms at home!
- Discreet packaging
- Store at room temperature
- Remains viable for ~6 months
- DO NOT FREEZE
Pink Oyster Agar Plate Contents
Each plate will come with:
- 1 plate of healthy, uncontaminated Pink Oyster mycelium
- 1 alcohol prep pad
- 1 sticker (1 per order)