Chestnut Liquid Culture (10cc)
Chestnut mushrooms are a hardwood loving species that can be found growing in North America, Europe, and northern Asia. Chestnuts also go by the common names Cinnamon Cap and Fat Pholiota. When foraging, they’re most commonly found growing off of beech trees. While they’re mostly saprophytic (meaning they prefer dead wood), they have also been observed having parasitic relationships on the live bark of beech, aspens, and maple. However, they do better on dead wood.
Chestnut mushrooms have been foraged for centuries in Japan as a food source. It’s also a favored gourmet species in Europe. In more recent years, they’ve become heavily cultivated in China and are commonly regarded as the “magic mushroom of China” (although they DO NOT contain any psychoactive compounds). Cultivation wise, Chestnuts are becoming more popular in the US.
Why Grow Your Own Chestnut Mushrooms?
- Dense source of many vitamins & minerals
- Vitamins B2 (more than most garden veggies), B3, & B5
- Anti tumor, anti inflammatory, anti fungal
- Studies show they can slow the progression of osteoporosis!
- Characterized by its nutty flavor
- Known to have a slightly sweet undertones
- Richy and earthy aromas and flavors
- Stays crunchy, even after being cooked
Popular Uses in Cooking
- Can be made into delicious broths
- Used to make flavorful crème sauces for pasta dishes
- Notable addition to soups
- Saute and add to salads
- Colonization time: 4-6 weeks
- Fruiting time: 10-14 days
- Humidity: 85-90%
- Temperature: 50-75°F
Why Buy Our Chestnut Liquid Cultures?
We strive to provide you with the cleanest possible products. We make all of our Chestnut liquid cultures in front of Laminar Flow Hoods with HEPA filters that have an efficiency rating of 99.97%. The efficiency rating means that the filter removes 99.97% of particles in the air. All of our master cultures are tested on agar plates before sale to ensure there are no contaminates in the culture.
- Liquid culture syringes allow you to cultivate your own medicinal mushrooms at home!
- Discreet packaging
- Store at room temperature
- Remains viable for ~6 months
- DO NOT FREEZE
Chestnut Liquid Culture Syringe Contents
Each syringe will come with:
- 1 sterile 18 gauge blunt tipped needle
- at least 10CC of the Chestnut liquid culture
- 1 alcohol prep pad
- 1 sticker (1 per order)
This product is available in some of our In Store Locations!