Red Reishi Liquid Culture Syringe (10cc)
Red Reishi Information
Ganoderma lucidum or “Red Reishi” is a mushroom originating from East Asia, but today ranges from South America, North America, all across Asia, and in some parts of Europe (very limited). It has been used in traditional East Asian medicine for thousands of years.
In Japan, China, and other Asian countries, it’s thought to be sacred as it promotes health and longevity. Its Asian name “Lingzhi” translates to “herb of spiritual potency” and was considered to be the literal essence of immortality. Interestingly, modern research and science seems to back these claims, proving the medicinal power of Red Reishi.
The mushroom itself is very hard and woody, the medicinal properties locked up within the chitin. In order to free it and be able to reap the benefits, the hard cells wells must be broken down. The best way to do this is to steep the mushroom into a tea. The heat breaks down the walls and releases the medicine within. Reishi tea is regarded as a “tonic” which means it’s meant to be used over time to get its full benefits.
Why Grow Your Own Red Reishi Mushrooms?
– Boosts immune system. This is done in a few ways such as improving white blood cells (both in count & composition) as well as improving lymphocyte function. Both are critical in fighting off infections.
– Antioxidant rich. Antioxidants are crucial in protecting cells from damage, thereby protecting the body from many chronic health problems.
– Reduces fatigue. Fatigue is often triggered by a combination of internal factors such as immune system problems, stress, hormonal imbalances, etc. Studies show that Reishi mushrooms can reduce the severity of chronic fatigue due to their ability to boost the immune system, protect the body’s cells, and help regulate testosterone in the body (which promotes good energy levels).
– Commonly taken by cancer patients as a supplement. Bioactive molecules in Reishi have been shown to inhibit tumor growth and more importantly, inhibits angiogenesis and metastasis. Furthermore, there are test tube studies that show Reishi can lead to the death of cancer cells.
– Improves heart health. Like many mushrooms, Red Reishi can help lower blood pressure and increase good cholesterol. Both of these are essential to a healthy ticker.
– Calming. Red Reishi tea is best to drink while you unwind or before bed as it’s known for its soothing qualities. Studies have shown that drinking Reishi tea before bed can help those who struggle to sleep finally find a restful and peaceful slumber. Many people also drink Reishi tea before meditating as it can help deepen their meditative state.
How to make Reishi Tea:
– 1 teaspoon for every cup of water or milk
– For larger batches, ½ cup for every 2 quarts of water
– Reishi tea can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week
As mentioned previously, the mushroom must be steeped in hot water in order to draw out the medicinal properties. Simmer in water for a minimum of 30 minutes. But it is best to let it steep for 2-2.5 hours.
The flavor is very bitter, as with most medicinal plants/fungi. To improve the taste, you can add:
- Your favorite tea mixes
- The possibilities are endless!
Why Buy Our Red Reishi Liquid Cultures?
We strive to provide you with the cleanest possible products. We make all of the Red Reishi cultures in front of Laminar Flow Hoods with HEPA filters. These HEPA filters have an efficiency rating of 99.97%. Meaning that the filter removes 99.97% of particles in the air. All of our master cultures are tested on agar plates before sale to ensure there are no contaminates in the culture.
- Liquid culture syringes allow you to cultivate your own medicinal mushrooms at home!
- Discreet packaging
- Store at room temperature
- Remains viable for ~6 months
- DO NOT FREEZE
Red Reishi LC Contents
When you buy a Red Reishi LC, it will include:
- 1 sterile 18 gauge blunt tipped needle
- At least 10cc of Red Reishi liquid culture
- 1 alcohol prep pad
- 1 sticker (1 per order)